Friday, February 29, 2008

FOS! for the win!

I have been getting a lot of stuff done and out the door! YEY! So many UFOs that were taking up space! I just had to grab them and start to finish them! So..I did.

First up is Barbie's skully dress! 100% angroa makes this a pricey stylish wear for the undisputed Queen of toy fashion...I knit this pretty white dress with pink trim in just a few short hours. :D Looks wonderful and Barbie will love it.
It took a bit of work and very small needles. =D I also put in a little bit of my personal side by Knitting in a pink skull on the bottom edge of the dress.






Next up on the train are two baby sweaters the 5 hour baby sweaters by Lorraine Major. The first was knit in dream in color, a wonderful superwash wool yarn. I altered the pattern a bit and knit short sleeves on this version! I think it makes it look charming. A beautiful little caplet. This pink one was knit for my friend Shelly who is expecting her second daughter in the next few weeks!

This 100% wool version was knit with the long sleeves as the pattern called for. This was knit with 1 skein noro kureon, and 2 skeins of lambs pride worsted. :)This will be my display as the moment this is washed ..goodbye ...man I didn't think that through did I? lol.






And last but not least my cinnamon twist baby hat! also 100% wool. This will definately keep a new born head warm. I am considering sewing in a soft liner to make the hat extra warm without being itchy. This was an improvised design tha turned out super cute!

that's all for now..
GO CAST ON!

AND KNIT!
Amelia

No comments: